Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Summer wrap up 2013

I can’t believe Summer is officially over and I did not blog all summer long. I really need to be writing a Back to School post but I just can’t do it without first writing a summer “summary” so to speak.

This is how you know you’ve reached the end of summer, I found this guy on my bedroom door after another long day of having 3 tweens home alone. After 6 weeks of being home alone together, these cousins got a little bored and a little silly.

2013 June 080

This summer was one of the best that I can remember and I know my kids feel the same. Because of what I do for a living, last summer was not very relaxing at all. It was a Presidential Election year and from the last day of school 2012 until Thanksgiving 2012 my work life was stressful and we did not get to enjoy a typical summer.

Now that things have slowed down at the office I was able to take every Friday off over the summer so that I could spend an extra day with the kids. We did all sorts of things during our fun Fridays, and besides those days it was just a slower more flexible pace of life than it is during the school year. Two of our nieces spent almost the whole summer with us and we would stay up late playing cards or dominoes, watching Duck Dynasty, and laughing about all the silliness that our days consisted of.

The day before the girls went home the kids got to make collages with all of the pictures that we took.

Here they are showing off their work, excuse the poor lighting we were up until way too late finishing the collages and laughing about all of our memories and antics all summer.

2013 June 082 Now that the girls have gone home, we miss them more than ever because we got to spend so much time with them. I just can’t wait until the next school break when we will get to spend lots of time together again.

No comments: