Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday A

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.

1 Samuel 1:27 NIV

Abby baby

I can’t believe it’s been four years since A was born. I’m going to split her birthday post into 2 different posts because we really did celebrate her birthday for the whole week.

She turned 4 on August the 3rd and her party was still a week away so we decided to spend the day at a place that has quickly become one of our favorite spots this summer: Kelly Park. I had been there a few times as a kid, when we would come down to Orlando to visit family. But since we moved here 17 years ago I don’t think I’ve been. And when we went a few months ago at the beginning of summer we realized what a hidden treasure it is. Abby loves it, too, so she wanted to spend her birthday there with the family.

Before she woke up that morning I decorated the kitchen and living room for her and we gave her one of her gifts.

 2013 August 121

After that we all loaded up and headed to Kelly Park to be there before they opened. It’s a very popular spot so we made sure to get there early and there was still quite a line ahead of us. Once the gates were opened we got it and found a perfect spot next to the volleyball court.

We spent most of the day going down the springs, grilling, eating and spending time with family. Until around 3 when the Florida skies opened up and we were rained out.

2013 

A opening her gifts from family

2013 August 120

A and her cousins at Kelly Park

We spent the rest of the day at home relaxing and I made this cake for after dinner that night.

 2013 August 008

Once the day was over and my sweet girl was in bed, I couldn’t help myself but to go stare at her sleeping and remember how special that day was four years ago. For so many years it was just C and I still can’t believe that God blessed us with this amazing little girl who fills our hearts and completes our family.

2013 August 015

No comments: