Friday, June 18, 2010

10 months old!

So A is 10 months old and like I say every month I am just amazed at how fast she is growing up!
The last I posted she was just about to turn 8 months old and refusing almost everything we tried to feed her. Boy, how times have changed! Now we can’t get her to stop eating. Right now she is great at mealtime, she eats pretty much whatever we’re eating but her favorites are bananas and Yo Baby yogurt, she LOVES both of these and just about has a fit if she sees them and we don’t start feeding her right away.
On our cruise I packed lots of baby foods and cereal and she ate none of it. At every meal she ate off of our plates, and whatever soup was on the menu. The other day, the afternoon teacher told me that A always wants her lunch so she will usually share whatever she’s eating. Somehow she is still weighing in at under 18 pounds, but I think it’s so cute how little she is.
This is what she looked like the other morning after feeding herself some cheerios and banana slices
photo
And here she is using this: Sassy Teething Feeder, Colors May Vary
photo 5
I love this product, because she loves to shove too much food in her mouth and with this, we can give her almost any food and not worry about her choking on it. Here are a couple more meal time pics from the last few weeks:
June
Besides getting more experienced on the eating front, she has also become a very active, very mobile 10 month old. She started crawling right before we left on our cruise. She spent a few weeks moving very slowly around the house and now she is on the move. She has figured out where big brothers room is and whenever she’s looking for him she heads straight to the hallway. She’s also pulling herself to a stand and getting into everything we don’t want her to get into. These days her favorite “toy” is the kitchen cabinets. I think for her birthday I’m going to stock her up on Tupperware bowls, tuna fish cans and a remote control because they seem to entertain her for much longer than any toy will. She also HATES (and I mean that in every sense of the word) diaper changes. It is a mission in our house to change her diaper without her fussing and trying to flip over on her belly. I’ve gotten pretty good at putting on a diaper upside down but I’m still hoping that this phase doesn’t last too long.

IMG_7045

Other updates from the last few months:
The biggest news is that I switched A to formula (well part time) It was a tough decision because my intentions were always to nurse her for the first year but once she got used to the bottle she wouldn't latch on and I spent a few months of exclusively pumping. I got to the point where I was tired of being attached to the pump and I felt like I was rushing her first birthday and I wanted to enjoy these months. So, the week she turned 9 months I decided to quit the pump and put her on formula, she's taking Earths Best Organic and with my couponing skills I rarely pay full price. She gets formula at daycare now but at home she still gets breastmilk from my freezer stash. While I was on maternity leave I pumped ALOT and froze it all so that when I was ready to quit she could still get the benefits of breastmilk. I have enough in the freezer to get her through her 1st birthday! Here is what the stash looked like before I started using it:

A started and completed the mommy and me swimming lessons, next step is the survival courses which I’m not looking forward to. But, because we have a pool and a forgetful older brother, it is a must that she learns how to rescue herself should she fall in the pool.
She is in a size 3 diaper, size 2 shoe and 6-9 month clothing
We are starting to plan her 1st birthday party, I’m so sad that due to elections we can’t do her party until a whole month after her birthday.
She learned how to wave bye-bye and even says bye-bye while she’s waving (sometimes)
She has learned how throw kisses when we say beso to her.
She loves calling her big brothers name after we do, when ever we call C she calls his name in the same tone that we do, in her own baby language of course.

No comments: